Monday, June 16, 2008

Day of Travel... well, 23 hours and 30 minutes to be exact

Tomorrow's the big send off!

I have confirmed my flights and connections. My contacts in Venezuela are ready. All my bags are packed... I'm ready to go...

Well, my luggage is set, but my head and heart are off in la-la land. I'm trying my best to be "ready", but I can't quite wrap my mind around the fact that I will be in Venezuela for 2 months!!

I have spent the past week and a half with my family in the oh-so exciting town of Brentwood. And let me tell you, Brentwood has got it going on! Just the other night, I went to "Starry Nights" (of which there was nothing but sun). My sister and I rode our bikes (something you don't see many do in Brentwood) to the local park and spent a good hour enjoying the sounds of some students drumming and three people dancing on a stage; they were talented... but as I looked around I realized that it was my sister (16 yrs. old) and I along with about 300 senior citizens sitting in their lawn chairs (which looked more like recliners) drinking ice tea in the shade. Needless to say, I feel Brentwood is a nice place to visit, but not that exciting. However, I was able to catch up with a lot of my friends and spend some time with my family, and that is always good.

And to let you all know, my itinerary has been updated (translation: I have an idea now about where I will be and what I am doing; something lacking in my previous "itinerary" post) and I have been invited to spend a week at each of the churches in Pastor Rodolfo's district. So instead of traveling through with Pastor Rodolfo, I will be staying with a family from each church for the week. I am really excited to spend more time in each city! Our previous visits were only for a day or less, so it will be really cool to be with each church and help out in any way I can for an entire week!

So as I get on the plane to head for Venezuela, your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated. I am still figuring out what my purpose in going is and what I would like to accomplish while being there. I plan on giving a lot of thought to that on my flight to LAX, then to Vancouver, then to Toronto, and then to Caracas... (and you thought I was only going to Venezuela... actually, those are just my connecting flights, woah!). That means my next post will be from Venezuela, yeyah!

Take a deep breath (just like skype :)) and here we go!

4 comments:

Aaron Tucker said...

Dude I'm SO excited for you!

It's funny that your cheapest flight south to venezuela ended up taking you to Canada, but it always works like that for some stupid reason...

Keep updating this thing! I have it as an RSS feed to my email so I get it every time you post!

I'm praying for you and thinking of you, brother. I want to hear all about it when you get back.

con amor,
senor tucker

Anonymous said...

Hey you! Miss you heaps, but I heard from your sister you got there safe! I'm praying for you and I can't wait to hear about what God's doing!

Katie

MDR said...

Chris, our prayers are with you everyday, we miss you and can't wait to hear what God has been up to in the days that you are there. My prayer for you is for peace, confirmation, strength, rest and wisdom. We love you, M&D

B-True said...

Yo Bro just now got to view your blog site, I really hope you're enjoying the time you have there (which is a lot, come to think of it). But all in all I want you to know that I'm going to be reading the updates from here on out so let us know every detail. I love you man, and I'm really sorry that I didn't get to talk to you before you left :( So you better come back in one piece K?

Love, Your Bro,

Brandon