Monday, June 9, 2008

At The Moment



Just over a week before I take off! I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited.

To give you an idea of what is planned (or not :/), here is a basic rundown of my itinerary:

June 17th: I fly out of LAX on Air Canada to Caracas, Venezuela (funny thing is there are 2 stops in Canada before I actually head towards South America! Cost of super cheap tickets)
June 18th: I arrive in Caracas and will be staying in San Diego de los Altos for a few nights
June 21st/22nd: I will be traveling with Pastor Rodolfo (pictured above: we became friends my first trip to Venezuela) throughout the Andino District. We will be going through the same cities that my team had gone through two years ago- San Cristobol, San Josecito, Michelena, Colon, and some others.
July-August: From then on I will be staying with a host family and doing anything and everything that they may ask of me ( probably should have put some limits, but thats what I am going to do, so we'll see). The last time I was in Venezuela, we did a lot of sports, construction, and some music. This time, I added to my list of things I can do (not necessarily well, but...) haircuts! I will have a guitar with me as well, but there really isn't too much "scheduled" that I know of yet. That gives God lots to work with!
August 4-9th: I will be helping out at a youth camp that Pastor Rodolfo's children will be attending. I am way excited for this! I love camp!
August 11-12: I depart from Caracas and head back to the US (pretty sure there are another 2 stops in Canada, woohoo)

So there is a very bare bones outline of what I will be tentatively doing. I will keep this updated as I find out more.

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement!
Here's a picture of everyone involved in my trip 2 summers ago. So good!

2 comments:

Shaan said...

Hi Chris. I really liked your posts. What attracted me was the reason you decided to take up blogging. I think I felt a connection there. I am from India. A lil reluctant blogger :) Nice to meet you!

Anonymous said...

Chris - it's going to be amazing! you're the man!!

Will
p.s. sorry I missed your going away party