Saturday, July 12, 2008

¡Naguara!- an expression of Venezuela

Dear Hermanos, I want to share what happened in the past two days I am positive I heard the voice of God through the friends I have here speak directly to me. It was incredible! Check this out- This experience brought me to the brink of tears (not something that has happened in a long time) I was in the car with the pastors of Colon- William and his wife Eva and their 6 yr old son Hepciel. I asked them about prayer and its power and why they prayed so much- Pastor William gets up every day at 5am and prays and then more often then not there is a few days where he starts praying with people from the church in the afternoon and they continue into early morning- he prays a lot and so does his wife. I couldn´t believe what was shared with me. And completely in another language, perhaps that helped (?) They started their church 6 yrs ago and no one came- so they began praying on saturdays and for 3 yrs it was just their family on Sundays. But they kept praying. Its power is something they do not doubt at all even through those times. When they pray they have realized things change, move and the Espiritu Santo comes with power. The pastor asked me when I had an experience of the Spirit moving- so I shared about the time when I couldn´t sleep for weeks and then one night Katie asked me if I had prayed about it, I said no, I dont know what to say and then we prayed and an unexplainable peace came over me and I have been sleeping so much better since. To this the pastor responded that was the Holy Spirit and what you need now is to pray alone and grow on your own, poco y poco, little by little you will grow and words will come to your lips in prayer to God. (Hmm.. sounds a lot like what someone had challenged me in, growing on my own just me and God). But thats not all, get this, Then the pastor began to ask about when I was sanctified (John Welsey and Martin Luther stuff) I responded that I believe it is a process that little by little I have experienced peace, love, patience, humility that I don´t know where it came from. He said, Yes! thats the fruit of the spirit. He and his wife began to say/ share what they had noticed about me in my time with them. That I was very humble, sincere, and a special person that God is definitely watching with interest and going to use/ using me now. That´s when my eyes welled up and I had a hard time looking into the eyes of the pastor. How could he know this? How could he know the biggest struggle I have and speak right to it? I struggle believing that I can be used by God and that I am something special to Him... I don´t know how to explain it, but in those moments, with people I hardly knew, in another language, I heard God speaking to me. I never want to forget that!

4 comments:

Aaron Tucker said...

That's what I'm talking about Chris!!!

That's a great word for me this evening. I'm coming back to prayer too, and I'm super excited to just be in regular conversation with God.

Thanks for blogging dawg.

Amor

B-True said...

Bro I'm proud of what you are open to and that you are able to see that praying is one of the ways to open your heart to God. I realize now, of all times that, it is time for me to see what prayer really means, and I what you to know that even with the tid-bits of writing and experience you are able to share, you also are teaching me. Teaching me the meaning of what God is capable of and how amazing it really is, just to follow the calling of God to do His will. You are a n amazing brother, showing strength with humility is not weakness, firmness with love is not impossible. I love you bro, and I wish you could see it and know how true it is. If nothing else keep following God and maybe one day I will be able to follow right along side you, with every obstacle we come across we will face as brothers in Christ. You are, whether you know it or not, teaching me and guiding me through some rough times right now. It's amazing that you could show me the power and love of God from such a long distance. But You Are!! One thing I you to do for me, please, is pray "that God will not give up on me. Amen." I would really appreciate that, because of all things that is what scares me the most. Again I want you to know I Love you as a friend, and Brother by blood and through Christ, Can't wait to see you Bro,

Brandon Kernutt

Lyd said...

Super encouraging, yo... sorry it took me so long to read it in the first place. Sharing our personal experiences with God is one of the best things we can do... thanks for sharing yours :0)

jason marc zabala. said...

chris, let see if i can remember my spanish from when i was in spain =0) que fuerte! estoy feliz que tengas muchas experiencias alla. recuerdo los momentos cuanda fui a la iglesia y cante con la gente in castellano. es una cosa que es surrea. realiza que la gente adore el mismo dios de usted. sin embargo, disfrute las ultimas dias. paz y amor hermano

jason zabala