Sunday, July 6, 2008

Segunda Semana

I lost track of days this past week, so much was going on! Its funny because so much is happening, but there are times when I feel like I am not doing anything- if that makes any sense. I spent the first part of this week in Michelena again working on Serefins house. We made quite a bit of progress and I am really glad I was able to help. I will be returning there to take more photos when they are finished. From there I went to Colon. It has been so fun here and hot! But the family here is so great as well! We have had a good time! The church here is always busy. There are services of some sort just about every night- it is definitely a church of prayer. (Something I definitely want to learn to be more about). I have played guitar and piano (keyboard) here for the services, which I have really enjoyed, but I wish I knew the songs. It would be a lot easier and I think more helpful. (oh well :) This morning I spoke for about 30-40 minutes about what I have been learning about life and God. It had a lot to do with movement and seeking to grow and change with every day. I have shared this talk a few times now, but I honestly was amazed (not that I should be- God is full of surprises!) to learn some new things or notice some new aspects about the passages we went through. That Word of God- its so deep! Check out the new pictures up on the left hand side to see the families I have been with and some of what I have been doing. Its been great! And I think my spanish is getting better, too! I have had some help from my new friend Cesar and the rest my friends here in Colon. Good stuff! Rough at times, but I am enjoying this experience. I miss everyone at home though!

1 comment:

B-True said...

Yo Bro looks like you're making plenty of friends. It's just so amazing how much God is working through in the time you are down in Venezuela. I really like seeing you in action whether working or whatever, so keep those pictures updated. As always you are the one that, I believe, has the true drive in our family to do what God commands us all to do and for that I'm will always admire you. I believe you are finding the true calling of God, and I can only pray that it will not too late before I am able to do the same.

On a happier note those pics of the Boxer and cat were so cute, along with the picture of that little puppy, you found one more thing that appeals to me on your trip. I know that's not what it's all about but it helps to know where you are does have in some way the reality we have here.

I just want to conclude this message by restating the "fact" that I truly see you as a true disciple of God. Doing what God calls us all to do, "go out and make disciples of all nations." You are dearly loved and missed, but the understanding that God has bigger things for you there than here is what makes it all worth while. Love you Bro, Brandon