Monday, July 21, 2008

Otra Semana

Lo siento, hermanos. I was wrong about the time difference for the radio program. It was at 5:30am in the U.S. I guess I am not so good at math. Ha!
So another week has come and gone! What has come up and the places I have been is beyond everything I had imagined. I was in Rubio and Bramon past week. In Rubio, I went to cuavas (caves) and explored them with some of the teens of the church. So much fun! I did some rockclimbing too over the water in the caves! This is also where the radio program was, which went really well! I don´t really know if anyone understood me. They said they did and they got a lot of good feedback. I really can´t believe that I was invited to do that. From Rubio I went to Bramon, where I explored with the teens the nearby forest. Los Pinos. It was radical! This whole time practicing my spanish and getting used to people not understanding me and me not understanding them. But its getting easier! I was asked to talk to the the church Saturday evening and share what I have been learning. This time there was no translator and it was incredible! I set it up so right from the start I asked for help from the congregation- when I didn´t know how to say something they would help me pronounce it correctly. It was so great! They all chimed in and helped me share the thoughts in my heart about having confidence in God to do things in our lives beyond what we could have imagined and that show love and peace to those around us. Again, I didn´t know if they understood me or if what I was trying to say really got through, but perhaps more was at work than just my words or those around me. I also played music for the church the entire time I was there. At times, I was the lead instrument, keyboard and I did not know the songs or have music to read. Good stuff! Again, something more was at work! Because it went super well! Now I am in San Cristobal again, this time for the week. I will be heading to another state in Venezuela this week with Pastor Rodolfo and then returning to San Cristobal. But, if one thing has been more true than just about anything else on this trip, is that just because its planned doesn´t mean thats what will happen. So things will undoubtedly change- but I am used to it now. I miss you all! But I am can´t believe I have less than 3 weeks left here. I´ll be back before I know it! I will have more photos up as soon as I can- I have quite a few, as you can already see and that was just the first 2 weeks!
Peace

2 comments:

Aaron Tucker said...

Hey did they record that radio broadcast by chance? I missed it but I'd love to hear it!

Keep serving brother!

Christopher Kernutt said...

I don´t believe they did record it. I was bummed, but not about to make a big deal about it. It was an honor just to be invited! Thanks for the encouragement, bro!